First Contact Physiotherapists at The Deerbrook Surgery
You can now book a consultation with the specialist musculoskeletal physiotherapist at your GP practice for muscle, bone or joint problems as an alternative to a GP. The reception staff can discuss and book your appointment.
Who is the First Contact Physiotherapist (FCP)?
The FCP is an expert physiotherapist who has specialised in the assessment and management of musculoskeletal conditions. They have additional qualifications and training to work in this position.
What can the First Contact Physiotherapist (FCP) do for me?
The FCP can:
- Assess you and diagnose your problem
- Provide expert advice on how to manage your condition
- Offer injection therapy where appropriate
- When clinically indicated, arrange onward referral for:
- Investigations (such as blood tests, X-rays or MRI scans)
- Physiotherapy treatment
- Consultant opinion
What could I see the First Contact Physiotherapist (FCP) for?
- All soft tissue injuries, sprains, strains or sports injuries
- Arthritis – of any joint
- Possible problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons or bone (tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, ankle sprains)
- Spinal pain including lower back pain, mid-back pain and neck pain
- Other spine related problems such as sciatica
What shouldn’t I see the First Contact Physiotherapist (FCP) for?
- If you are feeling unwell
- If you are under 16 years of age
- For medical management of rheumatoid conditions
- For women’s health, antenatal and post-natal problems
- For medication reviews
- For neurological and respiratory conditions
- For headaches
- For mental health crises
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.